Loading and unloading a truck

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Admin
Topic starter
(@vit-hofman)
Estimable Member

Loading and loading the truck using forklifts. The driver, as well as other people, move around the vehicle without any restrictions. They don't even have reflective vests so that the forklift operator can see them better.

There have been several accidents at this workplace. Only material damage. No injuries. Probably waiting for the first fatal injury!

It is always necessary to set perfect regime measures for loading and unloading!

And how do you feel about it?

3 Replies
(@kalingahhh)

Loading and unloading have to be done after clearing the vehicles and people around the area. if you cannot do it, keep a person to look around and to warn the forklift operator if someone appears.  

2 Replies
Admin
(@vit-hofman)

Estimable Member

@kalingahhh Yes, I know how to solve it. Unfortunately, the employer's approach is lax.
I mentioned this only as an example of bad practice.

(@kalingahhh)

@vit-hofman Hi, Understand it, friend, I know it's a bad practice. As for safety officers/consultants, we are facing such uneasy situations when dealing with our clients. Thank you for the prompt reply. Keep in touch. cheers!

OH&S Officers forum

Our goal is to bring together occupational safety and health, fire protection and all related disciplines professionals from around the world and share experiences in risk prevention.
Copyright 2021 | Created by Ing. Vít Hofman | All Rights Reserved
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram